Thursday, April 23, 2009

Got Brains?

Last week a student came into my office to ask a few staff members for support. She's participating in the Race for Hope in Washington, D.C., which is a walk/run that raises money for the continued research of a cure for brain tumors.

The student, Jamie Bartholomay, is taking part in this event in honor of her father who passed away due to a brain tumor.

I opted to help Jamie simply because it's a worthy cause to promote and support, not so much because my family has a history of dying from cancer (not brain cancer though).

She has met her initial goal of $500, and has since then moved up to a goal of $800. I'm posting this not just to shed light on it, but also to drum up support for Jamie. She's a good person, doing a great thing for someone she loves. My aim is to have anyone who reads this find it within themselves to give anything they can, even if it's $5.

Times are tough, but nothing is tougher than death.

One love

No comments: