Saturday, June 5, 2010

Soundset 2011

Last Thursday I took a trip out to Minneapolis, MN to spend time with some friends and check out Soundset 2010, the annual independent Hip-Hop music festival put on by Rhymesayers Entertainment. Curious about who performed? Check out the archives at SoundsetFestival.com. The site contains the show lineup, videos, and pictures.

With this year's show already come and gone, and being as amazing as it was, and last year's show being great too (I didn't see 2008), I developed a list of independent and legendary acts I feel deserve a shot at rocking the Soundset stages and tents.

Unfortunately, it looks like the majority of the acts I listed, I personally feel earned time on the main stage, so my other stage list will be a little light.

Main Stage

The Cool Kids
Blu & Exile
Slaughterhouse
A Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Outkast
Goodie Mob
Dungeon Family
Gnarls Barkley
The Roots
Common
Public Enemy
Pete Rock & CL Smooth
Bone Thugs N Harmony
Ice Cube
Jurassic 5
The Beatnuts
Kool Keith
Madlib/Quasimoto
Little Brother
Camp Lo
Sean Price/Boot Camp Click
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Blackstar
Pharoahe Monch
Jean Grey
Mr. Lif/Perceptionists
Soul Position

Fifth Element Stage

Apathy/Demigodz
F. Stokes
Soulcrate Music
Joe Good
Oh No
Jay Electronica
Reef the Lost Cauze
J. Cole

B-Boy/B-Girl Tent

DJ Danger Mouse
DJ Shadow
DJ Qbert
DJ Premiere
DJ Honda
Mr. Len
RJD2
Flying Lotus
Gaslamp Killer
Exile
Pete Rock
King Britt
Dan the Automater
Kid Koala

Hosted by

Sway and King Tech
Fab 5ive Freddy

I'm not saying this should be the lineup for the next festival, but I am suggesting that any of these people would be great for the festival. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them here. Please keep in mind that this is an event put on by RSE, so certain performers won't fit the scheme of things. Trust me, I want M.O.P. too, but it's not going to happen. I'm also aware that it would be highly unlikely for Joe Good to accept an invitation, because he doesn't rap anymore, but a guy can dream, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Solid list. Mac Miller would be dope at soundset. Chris Webby too.