Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Verdict

Refer back to this post to see what I had to say prior to viewing TRotF.

A few weeks back when I heard Fandango.com placed the tickets for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen up for sale on their site, I acted with haste in securing my seats for the nationwide premier. Since then, slowly but surely, the reviews and ratings was making their way in. Most of them were quite unfavorable on the the new Bay film.

Last evening was the first chance to see Transformers if you're not a Hollywood A-lister, and the fans came out in droves, displaying their allegiance proudly on hats, hoodies, t-shirts, etc (I'm not exception). Naturally, like many midnight premiers, the environment was full of angst and ready to blow. After all, Transformers fans have been waiting for this sequel since seeing Starscream fly back into space after the defeat of Megatron in the franchise's first iteration.

This isn't a review, but really just me saying, despite the general consensus, I loved Revenge of the Fallen! I can understand why some people don't like it, or others aren't completely satisfied, but as I stated previously, let yourself go. Revert back to your childhood and ask yourself how much character development and plot matters. I didn't make up stories. My toys transformed and fought one another. That's all that mattered then, and it's all that matters to me now.

I went back to torture myself with more Rotten Tomatoes reviews, and I came across this reply to a review:

Adam A. writes:
on Jun 24 2009 07:48 PM

This is the point where I'm grateful to have a little perspective. I can appreciate great movies, but I'm not too pretentious to have fun.

It's a movie about giant fighting robots, based on a poorly animated 1980's cartoon with no purpose than to sell toys. I can't imagine what you haters were expecting.


Agreed.

No comments: